[mythtv-users] How to clean out recordings directory?

The GUIGuy linux at finalfiler.com
Fri Jun 13 22:39:51 UTC 2008

Hi,

My mythbox has been running for just over a month. The primary hard disk
(320G) only stores TV recordings. Video, music etc is on other mounted
devices. Apart from teething from problems and my own inexperience with
MythTV, it's been working well.

This morning I got an error telling me the other HDD couldn't be
mounted, probably because the (primary) HDD was full.

Sure enough, the /var/lib/mythtv/recordings directory has some 300G of
files in it, going back to the install date.

I've tried reading the wiki, but gave up because wikis in general give
me a head ache. Takes so long to find what one needs to know, if it's
there at all.

So, my 101 question is "How are the recordings directory managed?" and
"Is there a setting somewhere so it doesn't retain everything ever
watched/ recorded?"

TIA

GuiGuy