[mythtv-users] OT: Grrr Motherboards!

Justin The Cynical cynical at penguinness.org
Sat Jun 14 00:19:28 UTC 2008

Yan Seiner wrote:
> On Thu, June 12, 2008 3:43 pm, Mark Greenwood wrote:
>> On Thursday 12 June 2008 23:22:52 Yan Seiner wrote:

*snip*

>>> man lshw
>>>
>> I assume that's some kind of helpful comment? Sorry but I don't speak
>> geek, what does it mean?
>
> Sorry.  lshw is a command line utility that LiSts HardWare.  man lshw
> should give you the manual page on how to use it.

Of course, this assumes that the program is installed on the machine,
which it wasn't on any of my machines (multiple Debian etch and LFS
6.1.1 installs).

Regardless, neat program tho, thanks for the info.  I've since compiled
the latest tarball. :-)

(Just got my new kit, will try to post about the process of turning it
into a kick arse myth box)