[mythtv-users] ext apps loosing 2.0 sound after some myth usage

Warpme warpme at o2.pl
Sun Jun 15 07:48:44 UTC 2008

Hi all,

Since last weeks/month I have quite annoying issue with loosing 2.0
sound in mplayer/xine after some time of myth usage.
Myth is minimyth 53 0.21-fixes 17404, sound is via spdif. Kernel is
2.6.25-rc8.

Simply:
-mplayer or xine starts to be unable to play content with 2.0 sound.
-5.1 (via passthrough) in mplayer or xine are playing OK.
-DVD on xine with 2.0 also plays OK.
-All content have sound in myth - only external to myth apps loosed 2.0
sound.

It looks like alsa issue but I have impression it is mtyh caused (like
myth is leaving alsa in "not closed" state and ext apps can't access it)

May somebody hint me how I can debug issue further ?
br