[mythtv-users] Switching between Mythtv and Amarok

Dave M G martin at autotelic.com
Sun Jun 15 10:18:40 UTC 2008

Michael,

Thanks so much for your informative responses. I think I'm getting a
handle on this and I'm almost there.

There are two remaining issues, which I hope are relatively small clean
up issues.

1. I finally understand how to switch modes within the .lircrc file. So
if I press the "Music" key on my remote, the control goes from mythtv to
amarok.

However, the modes don't switch if I select the entry in the MythTV menu
(which I prefer to do, or at least would rather not give up on the
option yet).

How do I get a command that's executed in the main menu to tell LIRC
which mode to be in? I would assume that means further editing of the
mainmenu.xml file, beyond what I already have - which, just for
reference, is just:
<button>
<type>MUSIC</type>
<text>Amarok</text>
<action>EXEC amarok</action>
</button>

2. When I press the "Music" button on my remote, I still get two
instances of Amarok started. I think this is because the remote is
sending multiple signals for each one time I hit a button.

I suspect this is the case because when I'm in Amarok, and I hit the
"Skip" button to go forward one song, it jumps two songs over.

I tried adjusting the "repeat" option on the settings in .lircrc for the
affected buttons. But setting it low, to 1, makes skipping forward jump
four or five songs. Higher numbers like 6 or 10 seem to still jump by
two with each one press of the button.

Can I calm down my remote so that I can be sure it's only sending one
instance of a signal?

Thanks for any advice.

--
Dave M G