[mythtv-users] Myth Scheduler doesn't work as expected for two tuners & multirecord=2

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Mon Jun 16 03:24:08 UTC 2008

On Jun 15, 2008, at 2:40 PM, Bernard Mentink wrote:

> Wow, looks like I have stirred up a hornets nest in the dev hive.
> And here I was thinking that this was the "user" Mythtv email list,

Yes, it is.

> somewhere where the "user" can rant and rave

No, it's not. It's a place for users to ask how to fix their issues
when using MythTV and to share their experiences in using MythTV. The
place for feature requests is on the wiki. Ranting and raving isn't
appropriate anywhere. Tantrums should be held in private.

> ...... if I wanted my thread dominated by dev's I would have posted
> to the dev email list, was that not the intention in having two lists?

Dev list is for contributing code and discussing code that you're
working on. "I hate the way LiveTV works right now. I have this new
code that makes it work better. I've posted it to trac and would
appreciate some feedback on it. Here's the ticket number." would have
been appropriate for the -dev list.

> But great, all this discussion on this topic is cool ...... well
> done everyone!

Which of the core developers have responded? I'm not even sure any
developer who has worked on LiveTV has responded. Maybe it slipped
passed me because I wasn't paying that close attention.

-Brad