[mythtv-users] Old Recordings stutter after upgrade to 0.21

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Mon Jun 16 03:27:14 UTC 2008

On Jun 15, 2008, at 3:22 PM, Roger McClurg wrote:

> I upgraded Mythtv 0.20.2 running on Gentoo to 0.21 running on Ubuntu.
> After the upgrade new recordings playback beautifully, but recordings
> made with 0.20.2 stutter. That is to say the playback stops for
> about 2
> seconds after every 5 seconds of playback
>
> The hardware is a VIA EPIA M-10000 vith a PVR-350.
>
> Does anyone have an idea what is causing this?

It sounds like your seek table was destroyed/corrupted in your upgrade
and now only new recordings have proper entries in the seek table. You
can try rebuilding your seektable for a recording and see if it helps.
If so, rebuild them all. Maybe not the fastest way, but certainly the
easiest.

mythcommflag --help and mythcommflag --rebuild should get you started.