[mythtv-users] Myth Scheduler doesn't work as expected for two tuners & multirecord=2

Dean Harding dean.harding at dload.com.au
Mon Jun 16 12:04:56 UTC 2008

Henrik Beckman wrote:
> Live-tv is in my opinion a must, every other PVR software has a watch
> Live-tv function.
> Live-tv in its current function as a script is perfect, it only has that
> pesky problem with multiple tuners, why not just fix it instead of
> going all out imposing how others should use their Mythtv.

If a developer is interested in "fixing" Live TV, then they will. If
there are no developers interested in fixing it, it's not going to
change no matter how many people whine about it.

I'm sure if there's somebody willing to develop Live TV, they'd be most
welcome -- if only to put a stop these kinds of threads that appear
every couple of months :-)

> An application is all about the developers, but without a userbase the
> application will die, so listening to users to some degree is probably a
> must.

Not true. MythTV was created in the first place to satisfy the desire of
some developers. That it was *also* useful to non-developers was little
more than a happy coincidence.

Dean.