[mythtv-users] Myth Scheduler doesn't work as expected for two tuners & multirecord=2

Henrik Beckman henrik.list at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 12:40:03 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 2:04 PM, Dean Harding <dean.harding at dload.com.au>
wrote:

> Henrik Beckman wrote:
> > Live-tv is in my opinion a must, every other PVR software has a watch
> > Live-tv function.
> > Live-tv in its current function as a script is perfect, it only has that
> > pesky problem with multiple tuners, why not just fix it instead of
> > going all out imposing how others should use their Mythtv.
>
> If a developer is interested in "fixing" Live TV, then they will. If
> there are no developers interested in fixing it, it's not going to
> change no matter how many people whine about it.
>
> I'm sure if there's somebody willing to develop Live TV, they'd be most
> welcome -- if only to put a stop these kinds of threads that appear
> every couple of months :-)

Not that I feel like Im threathening anyone but otherwise I agree.

> > An application is all about the developers, but without a userbase the
> > application will die, so listening to users to some degree is probably a
> > must.
>
> Not true. MythTV was created in the first place to satisfy the desire of
> some developers. That it was *also* useful to non-developers was little
> more than a happy coincidence.

That might have been the case back then but I dont think it is anymore.
If there where only a handful of devekopers left I realy think the would
migrate to the "next big thing" instead of developing their own on a mature
market.

> Dean.

/Henrik