[mythtv-users] Comcast to drop analog cable

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 15:14:44 UTC 2008

On 6/16/08, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Or more people need to vote with their wallets and cancel their cable
> > subscriptions, get an antenna, and show the cable co's how serious they
> > are about unencrypted TV.
> >
> > Mike

> I know OTA isn't an option for some, but I also know that (in my area
> for example) OTA very much is an option that virtually nobody uses,
> even if they're aware of it.  As a matter of fact, most people give me
> funny looks when I tell them I'm receiving (let alone recording) HD TV
> off my antenna.
>
> The simple fact of the matter is that just saying no is the _only_
> thing that will ever change the current state of pay TV.  Coming up
> with work-arounds and kludges to all their crap (or buying Hauppauge
> 1212s) certainly won't.

But, I don't see premium services like HBO, or cable/sat only services
like FoodNetwork going OTA no matter how much pressure is put on them.
I'd love to see particular cable services go OTA so I could record my
.favorite programs OTA, but I don't see it happening at any time.

 --
Brad Fuller
www.bradfuller.com