[mythtv-users] Goofy little addon for mythtv

Matt S. skd5aner at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 21:59:39 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 10:23 AM, Brent Norris <brent at brentnorris.net> wrote:
> I just kind of thought about this a minute ago, and I don't know that it
> would really help anything, but it might be kind of neat to have it.
>
> What if Myth kept a timer of how long you watched TV.  It should be
> fairly easy to get the amount of time and just add it to the DB.
> Perhaps an entry for each frontend and a total one or something.
>
> It would be kind of neat to know how much time we actually spend
> watching TV.  You could maybe even have a thing that showed how much
> time you have "saved" by using MythTV, based upon Commercial Skipping,
> and Time compression.
>
> Brent

http://URLtoMythWeb/stats
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/MythWeb#Statistics

As for the "time saved"  I thought the same thing, but there would
actually have to be an real-time counter of some sort incrementing as
you watch.  Would be a little more difficult to implement, but I would
love to know how much time I've saved with time stretch and commercial
skipping.

Matt