[mythtv-users] Multiple DVB Tuners and udev question

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 12:36:34 UTC 2008

> Yah, 3 doesn't matter for me. As for 2 - they do have different kernel
> modules but I'm assuming that is abstracted away by the time myth gets
> to them. Like you say, suck it and see :)

Yes, it's nothing to do with myth, but it's one of those things that
can bite you when you do kernel upgrade and things suddenly stop
working.

> Plus I'm not sure how to setup a udev rule for a DVB device. As far as I
> can tell udev rules apply to single devices, e.g /dev/video0 wheres as
> dvb adapters are 4 devices (demux0  dvr0  frontend0  net0) under one
> directory.

Good question - I guess it works at the /dvb/adaptor0/  level?

My udev rule is just on the ../eventx device, for my IR receiver so I
didn't have to worry about that.

Good Luck