[mythtv-users] Comcast to drop analog cable

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Tue Jun 17 17:42:29 UTC 2008

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 06/15/2008 10:57 PM, David Brieck Jr. wrote:
>> would venture to guess it won't be that much longer until one could
>> get by with a fast internet connection and have more than enough
>> content to watch.
>
> Of course, that assumes the ISP's (i.e. cable co's, telco's, etc.)
> actually do the infrastructure upgrades that would be required to allow
> the Internet to handle that much bandwidth.

Given that some ISPs are now shifting away from the unlimited access
model, I'm not sure downloadable HDTV content is going to remain an
attractive proposition.  The service model Time Warner is testing in
Texas charges $1/gigabyte for overages, which makes sending a DVD
through the mail look relatively cheap.