[mythtv-users] Easy way to move recordings to another machine?

Phil Bridges gravityhammer at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 19:58:42 UTC 2008

All -

I currently have two backends - one with 1 SD tuner, 1 HDHR, and a
cable box controlled over firewire; the other backend has one SD tuner
and one digital HD tuner.

Because of the quantity of tuners on my master backend, it's hard
drives approach full quickly (primarily because of recording off the
cable box).  The Slave backend, on the other hand, regularly has
copious space.  I can copy the actual files from the MBE to the SBE
over my network, but is there any easy way to let my Myth system know
to look for the files on the slave rather than on the master?  Is this
something that setting up two Storage Groups would rectify?