[mythtv-users] What IR receiver do you use?

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 22:30:21 UTC 2008

>> maybe
>>
> i have messed around with JP1 remotes before and I would say this is
anything but easy to do.  JP1 programming is ALOT harder than Lirc config.
Especially if you use a MCE USB remote or a haugpaugge remote.

As for remotes that I use I first purchased the MCE remote for about ~30.
On my frontend a built a serial IP adapter.  the MCE is VERY easy and well
documented.  the serial is somewhat documented buy you have to buy/built the
serial adapter which may be complex depending on you skills.

my 2 cents

Mitchell