[mythtv-users] Easy way to move recordings to another machine?

Carl Fongheiser carlfongheiser at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 00:21:05 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 7:16 PM, Yeechang Lee <ylee at pobox.com> wrote:

> I didn't realize this until recently. That is, I've always had all my
> recording directories mounted on the same paths on all my backend
> machines, but I didn't realize that I had to create a Default storage
> group that includes all the directories on each backend machine in
> order for any backend to be able to store to any directory as
> needed. I'd previously had a Default storage group on the master
> backend only, which the documentation (if I didn't misread it)
> indicated/indicates is sufficient for achieving the above.

I had to set it up on both of my backends.  Indeed, if you look at the
database schema, you'll see that things are qualified by hostname:

mysql> show fields from storagegroup;
| Field     | Type         | Null | Key | Default | Extra          |
| id        | int(11)      | NO   | PRI | NULL    | auto_increment |
| groupname | varchar(32)  | NO   | MUL |         |                |
| hostname  | varchar(64)  | NO   | MUL |         |                |
| dirname   | varchar(255) | NO   |     |         |                |

Carl Fongheiser