[mythtv-users] All day and I am nowhere

barbex barbex at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 10:10:50 UTC 2008

> Anyone know how I can get both analog and S/PDIF out of Mythbuntu?

As far as I know, they added pulseaudio to Ubuntu 8.04 specifically
for the ability to assign sources to different soundcards or outputs.
So there must be a way, ask in the http://ubuntuforums.org/

> change.  I might know how to work around this if a real solution
> cannot be found. I say might because I am building a dual monitor
> machine and if the card can't recognize the monitors, how is it going
> to know which profile to assign???

Is that even necessary? In my xorg.conf I put specific modes for the
screens and don't leave any "choice".

> 4) On shutdown, I see error messages "NetworkManager:
> nm_dbus_signal_device_status_change: assertion
> 'cb-data->data->dbus_connection' failed"

Oh yeah, I see those too on my Hardy Labtop. I think it is because the
network interface is shutdown before the networkmanager. It is very
ugly but apparently nothing to worry about.

barb