[mythtv-users] via m10000

Kevin Robbins robbinsck1 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 12:13:29 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 2:14 PM, James Stembridge <jstembridge at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 5:58 PM, David Watkins <watkinshome at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I set up an M10K as a frontend about 18 months ago.  The details are a
> > bit hazy now but I think I used the openchrome driver. Whatever it was
> > it definitely supported XvMC.
>
> I also found openchrome was the way to go. XvMC (the Via specifc
> rather than generic one) with chromakey osd gives the smoothest
> playback as far as I can remember.

I spent the entire day fiddling with this thing, I'm getting closer but
still need an assist. If I go to settings-tv settings-playback. And choose
via xvmc for anything greater than 480H X 720W now I can view liveTV and
recordings just fine. However, now video's wont play at all. But if I change
the greater than 480H X 720W back to libmpeg2 I now get video playback and
choppy recorded tv/livetv playback. Does anyone know an easier way to
satisfy both of these things?