[mythtv-users] Question about storage groups with master and slave backend

Jerry Rubinow jerrymr at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 12:38:58 UTC 2008

This past weekend I upgraded from 0.20.2 to 0.21, as well as Feisty Fawn to
Hardy Heron.  On one machine I have a master backend and mysql, and that one
does all the HD recording.  On the other machine I have a combined slave
backend and frontend.  Before I upgraded I had the MBE's video drive nfs
mounted on the frontend.  Now with 0.21, I have a storage group with one
directory in it, /media/video/mythtv.  That is where the recorded video
lives on both machines.

Is this the right way to do it?  Or do I want to have a different local
storage group on the FE and nfs mount the MBE's video drive?

Thanks,
Jerry