[mythtv-users] Listings for radio channels on freesat

Robin Neatherway robthebob at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 13:11:54 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm interested in recording a few radio programmes to listen to on my
phone later. I'm currently using freesat in the UK so was wondering
what people would suggest for getting listings for these channels.
Currently I am thinking about the following options:

* radiotimes xmltv feed. I use this for all my other channels, but it
doesn't appear to carry data for the radio channels based on
tv_grab_uk_rt --list-channels | grep -i radio
* bleb xmltv feed. This appears to have data for the radio channels,
but I'm not sure how Myth would like using two xmltv grabbers. It
doesn't have listings for all the channels and the listings seem to be
lower quality on average so I wouldn't want to move all my channels to
this feed.
* Now and Next EIT. Probably the easiest option, and I guess it would
catch what I wanted most of the time.
* Freesat EPG. Patch-time! Would rather avoid this, merely because it
is the most invasive, but would be prepared to do it if no other good
option presented itself.

Cheers,
Robin