[mythtv-users] /usr/bin/mythfrontend: recursive invocation?

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at computer.org
Wed Jun 18 15:59:36 UTC 2008

All,

Question about the mythfrontend script that does some sanity-checking
before starting mythfrontend.real.

I'm using the 0.21 that comes with Ubuntu 7.10.

I start the frontend automatically because of the presence of the
following file in the ~/.config/autostart directory of the user that is
automatically logged in upon boot of the machine:

[Desktop Entry]
Name=MythTV Frontend
Comment=A frontend for all content on a mythtv-backend
GenericName=MythTV Viewer
Exec=mythfrontend --service
Type=Application
Encoding=UTF-8
Icon=/usr/share/mythtv/themes/blue/myth_tv_logo.png
Categories=GNOME;Application;AudioVideo;Audio;Video
X-AppInstall-Package=mythtv

So the above runs "mythfrontend --service". But if I look at that script
  (attached) it never seems to start mythfrontend.real, but on line 81
starts itself again. This time it's without the --service parameter,
such that the actual invocation of mythfrontend.real happens in line 88,
but only after having done the start-up processing twice.

I wonder if it wouldn't be simpler to modify line 81 to invoke
mythfrontend.real directly? I've made that change here and it seems to
work fine.

Cheers, Jan