[mythtv-users] Easy way to move recordings to another machine?

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 17:02:19 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 7:07 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> (so Myth isn't writing to a mount point, which would be disastrous in
> the event you lose a mount--i.e. when network goes down temporarily or
> whatever).

What would happen if the mounted drive was not online?  In other
words, if I have an extra 100 gigs on my windows machine, have that
drive mounted on my backend (which is also my frontend), and then add
that path to the default storage group (/win2/myth), and I decide to
turn off my windows machine when myth is not writing to it, will it be
smart enough to realize that the drive is not accessible and only try
to write recordings to the local path (/video/recordings) instead of
the now-non-accessible CIFS mounted path?  Or am I just playing with
fire here?