[mythtv-users] Easy way to move recordings to another machine?

Johnny Russ jruss at mit.edu
Wed Jun 18 18:07:16 UTC 2008

> So just that I understand, if I have /win2 as a mountpoint on my FE/BE
> (which just points to the C drive on my windows machine) and on my
> windows machine put a folder named myth on the C drive, and then set
> up /win2/myth as the storage directory, everything should work fine?

I don't have a setup like this, so I can't say for 100% sure. But as I
understand things, yes, that will work correctly. If your windows machine is
off nothing will be mounted at /win2. So when Myth goes to record in
/win2/myth the folder won't exist and it will move on and record in the next
available spot in your storage group.