[mythtv-users] media mvp

Roger Heflin rogerheflin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 19:28:31 UTC 2008

Kevin Robbins wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 2:23 PM, Roger Heflin <rogerheflin at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Ok so by the looks I will need to tftp boot the device from the backend
> server and I can only do SD content. Does this mean I wont be able to view
> ripped dvd's I have stored in my backend nfs share? Or are the 720X480? and
> will work?

You would have to transcode the audio portion of the dvd rip to mp3, I just
tried a standard rip (with AC3 audio) and that does not work (video is equal or
below 720x480 and does work, but ac3 audio is way out of sync), you can do an
audio only trancode and things will work pretty well.   You would need a wired
network setup for dvd as their bitrates are getting close to the limit of the mvpmc.

> Also, is it true that in order to have this thing tftp boot I must use dhcp
> with the backend or can I just have my dd-wrt be my dhcp router?

I have my backend dhcp the mvpmc (by mac address-it ignores everyone else), my
dd-wrt dhcp's everything else.  I believe others have setup things to go through
the dd-wrt but I have had issues with the second dhcp server handling just the
mvpmc on the backend.

                          Roger