[mythtv-users] Questions for a rebuild; xen update anyone?

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Thu Jun 19 01:10:32 UTC 2008

> My current system is a combined FE/BE. I'd like to split that and run my
> FE on a dedicated system. I know that contradicts my consolidation idea,
> but I really do want to split the FE and BE. I also have an MCE remote
> and USB receiver that came with one of my tuner cards. I've been
> following the other thread on this topic. I'd really like to know if my
> old grey hauppauge remotes will work if I use the MCE USB receiver. I
> asked in the other thread but got now answers. If I split the FE I'll
> need an IR receiver.

I'm happy to say that I got this working quite easily on OpenSuse 10.3
using this web site. http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/MCE_Remote

The great thing is that all three of my different remotes work. My MCE,
Hauppauge 350 grey remote, and my old grey remotes!

I love it! Time to build my stand alone frontend. Then deal with the
backend rebuild, hopefully with xen... hm, still need to find a
motherboard with 3+ slots and support for core 2 duo and/or core 2
quad....

James