[mythtv-users] digital audio wiki is wacky.

Allen Edwards allen.edwards at oldpaloalto.com
Thu Jun 19 14:21:46 UTC 2008

> Was this the page you used?  These are the instructions that worked for me
> last time.
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Configuring_Digital_Sound

Peter, thank you or the reply.  It is nice to know someone is willing to help.

Yes, that is what I used.  With the first part of the conf file that
is in the wiki, the sound acts the same as it does without having the
file but when I add the second part (below), this is what I get:

ALSA:default, passthrough unchecked  --> fader type analog output, no
digital out
ALSA:multi, passthrough checked --> digital out locked, no analog out.
ALSA:multi, passthrough unchecked -->  no audio at all

Seems like a problem in the analog part of the multi config, but what?

Did you have to make any changes to the files to get them to work?

Allen

pcm.!default {
type plug
slave {