[mythtv-users] Comcast to drop analog cable

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Jun 19 14:38:02 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 09:02:11AM -0000, peter at vanderwal.us wrote:
[ quoting me ]
> > On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 05:01:07PM -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
> >> My (as of yet unrealized) intention is to get one of the Pinnacle HD
> >> Pro Stick devices and try it out on Windows. Has anyone in the SF Bay
> >> Area in a tougher signal area tried this out yet? (Using Linux or
> >> Windows?)
> >
> > What *I* want to know is whether that thing will work on my Nokia N800.
>
> Have you got MythTV running on your N800?  I'd love to be able to use my
> N800 as a front end, or at least stream video to it.

Not yet.  Someone's reportedly porting the frontend; I'm waiting to see
how that comes out.

If you share out your recordings directory in a fashion that the 800
can see, you can likely use Mplayer (which *is* working nicely there)
to play stuff, at least as long as the codec is supported -- I think
Mplayer knows "real" NUV, and it certainly does MPEG2.

Cheers,
-- jra

	     Those who cast the vote decide nothing.
	       -- (Joseph Stalin)