[mythtv-users] digital audio wiki is wacky.

Allen Edwards allen.edwards at oldpaloalto.com
Thu Jun 19 15:20:51 UTC 2008

> Are you trying to get ac3 audio to output to spdif and analog at the same time?
> Or do you just want ac3 audio to go to spdif and pcm to go to both?
>
> If it's the second one then I guess I'm lucky my sound card setup on
> Ubuntu just does that out of the box.  If it's the first, then I'd
> love to know too as from all the previous discussions here about it
> and the hours of Google searching I've never seen anyone achieve that
> in Linux yet.
>
> Ash

Assuming that the output of my ATSC capture is ac3, I want that to go
to both spdif and analog.

I had everything working before I bought the new hardware.  The old MB
just worked, no problem.  It was AC'97, this board is Azalia (Intel
High Definition Audio).

So, I guess my real question is not does anyone have a system that
works as I had one but does anyone have a system that didn't work and
made it work using ALSA?

Allen