[mythtv-users] Nokia N800 (was Re: Comcast to drop analog cable

Peter VanDerWal peter at vanderwal.us
Thu Jun 19 08:29:31 UTC 2008

>> Not yet.  Someone's reportedly porting the frontend; I'm waiting to see
>> how that comes out.
>>
>> If you share out your recordings directory in a fashion that the 800
>> can see, you can likely use Mplayer (which *is* working nicely there)
>> to play stuff, at least as long as the codec is supported -- I think
>> Mplayer knows "real" NUV, and it certainly does MPEG2.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> -- jra
>

> Does the N800 have the chops to play  SD mpeg2?  Its only got a 400MHz ARM
> in
> there...

I haven't downloaded the 2008OS yet, but IIRC the previous MPlayer only
worked if the video had the right resolution.
I think it would have to be transcoded to fit the N800 screen.  Even if
the new Mplayer doesn't require that, it would certainly be faster if it
didn'thave to rescale the video.

I'll have to look into this when I get some free time.