[mythtv-users] mythweb and the Nokia N95

xavier hervy xavier.hervy at bluebottle.com
Thu Jun 19 16:05:04 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-06-19 at 00:08 +0100, Mark Greenwood wrote:
<snip>
> That's most likely correct. Most mobiles will only play 3gp format files (some will play m4v too), and many will only support rtsp for streaming. I think what youtube do for mobile content is transcode to H.263 with AMR audio in a 3gp container (quite possibly on-the-fly), though I'd be very pleased to be proven wrong on that count. Perhaps someone with an iPhone would know?
>
> Most mobiles are pretty fussy about what they will play, though the N95 is far less fussy than most. I've seen some that will only play a file that's 15fps for instance. You could try transcoding to QVGA (320x240), H.263 with AMR-NB audio and try streaming that - that type of file will play on almost anything (hell my Motorola Slivr will play that, and that's a *rubbish* phone if ever there was one), and then you'd be able to narrow it down to the file format or the streaming protocol.
>
> Mark
Hi,
I modified mythweb to produce mp4 file (n95 compliant) when requested
http://server/mythweb/stream/channel_startime.mp4 the same way mythweb
does with flv, unfortunately ffmpeg complain:
muxer does not support non seekable output

my command is :
ffmpeg -y -i /home/mythtv/recordings/1037_20080510130000.nuv -s 320x240
-r 15 -f mp4 -ac 2 -ar 24000 -ab 64 -b 250000 /dev/stdout
If i replace /dev/stdout by a file it work great (even if it is
complaining about a low bitrate) same with 3gp
any idea ?
Xavier