[mythtv-users] ASUS says toss my AMD board and buy an Intel board and processor.

Allen Edwards allen.edwards at oldpaloalto.com
Thu Jun 19 16:05:15 UTC 2008

I called Linux tech support at ASUS regarding the problem where I go
into Low Resolution mode 1/3 of the time after reboot, and the problem
that my air2pc card takes 5 minutes to initialize after a reboot.

The conclusion was that there is a conflict between the MB and the
air2pc card and that the solution is to either get rid of those cards,
or get an Intel MB.  He said the Intel MB chip sets are really good
and deal with interrupts much better than the AMD boards.  Not really
what I wanted to hear with my new hardware.

Before I do that, has anyone built an AMD system with a air2pc 0.2
card that does not have this problem?  If so, what MB and what Video
Card?  I need S-Video so that is why I am not using onboard video MBs.

Add to this the problem of getting spdif and analog output at the same
time, a problem I did not have on my prototype P4 system, and it
really makes me wish I had bought different hardware.

Allen