[mythtv-users] Looking for a recommendation for a PCI-Express video card with TV-Out

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 16:12:01 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 10:37 AM, Johnny Russ <jruss at mit.edu> wrote:

>   Another option that is becoming very appealing (if you're desiging a
>> system) is a motherboard with integrated Intel graphics.  Intel now has
>> excellent XvMC support for HD watching and it saves you having to put
>> another card in your system in the first place.
>>

> Are there any such motherboards that have s-video out? I had trouble
> finding any. What would be the best way to use intel integrated graphics and
> hook it up to a plain SDTV with svideo/composite in? I might need to do some
> hardware updates soon and am very interested in this option.

Intel supports a kind of add-in card ADD2/SDVO that adds such ports but they
seem to be hard to come by
http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/intel915g/sb/CS-013296.htm

More information here:
http://www.x.org/wiki/SDVOADD2Cards

Seems that others were using those Prolink cards with Myth with success:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2007-May/024901.html

I hope this helps.  It does seem that this route is supported for adding
additional ports to an Intel integrated motherboard but whether this is the
best or most cost effective option is up to you.

Kevin