[mythtv-users] Datapoint: Bright House Tampa Bay to retain analog tier

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Jun 19 16:16:53 UTC 2008

Bright House Tampa Bay is sending around an email to it's customers
telling them how they're "already covered" for the DTV cutover next
year, just because they had the good sense to be BHTB subscribers.

Neither the email, though, nor the FAQ page to which it points, ever
*quite* say that you won't need an STB: that is, that they are *not*
going to go digital-only and drop their analog tier.

So I called.

I spoke with Tiffany $LASTNAME, one of their reps.  I have to sort of
lead her by the hand through it, but she did say, quite clearly, that
subscribers will *not* need to acquire STBs for sets that are now
connected directly to BHTB; IE: that they're going to retain their
analog tier.

That's not "official", of course, and it's only one cableco, but what
can you do?

I see that we have a page on DTV at

	http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Digital_Television

should we create a list page for reports on this issue from cable
subscribers?

Cheers,
-- jra

	     Those who cast the vote decide nothing.