[mythtv-users] Mythtv and kernel 2.6.25

Scott Harris mythtv at webhounds.net
Thu Jun 19 16:21:43 UTC 2008

Alexander Petkov wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 1:04 PM, Alexander Petkov <greenkov at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Paulo:
>>> There are a few relevant patches I believe, but the biggest thing is make sure
>>> that you are turning on CONFIG_FAIR_CGROUP_SCHED.
>> I'll try it as well--just checked and the config for my distro's
>> kernel (ArchLinux) did not have this option enabled.
>>
>> Alex
>>
> Pfff, I recompiled the2.6.25 kernel with the above-mentioned options
> and still no go...
>
> Is really no one able to use 2.6.25 kernel with a bttv card?
>
> Alex

I've been fighting for a couple of days now after my upgrade
to the 2.6.25 kernel with similar non-success.  Luckily this
is a slave backend and not my primary system.
I've tried the usual "delete all tuners" etc.  Still no go.

I'd also be happy to hear of any success.

Scott

02:02.0 Multimedia video controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Video
Capture (rev 11)
         Subsystem: Hauppauge computer works Inc. WinTV Series
         Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop-
ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
         Kernel driver in use: bttv
         Kernel modules: bttv