[mythtv-users] ASUS says toss my AMD board and buy an Intel board and processor.

Greg Lake greg12866 at nycap.rr.com
Thu Jun 19 18:29:08 UTC 2008

Allen Edwards wrote:
> I called Linux tech support at ASUS regarding the problem where I go
> into Low Resolution mode 1/3 of the time after reboot, and the problem
> that my air2pc card takes 5 minutes to initialize after a reboot.
>
> The conclusion was that there is a conflict between the MB and the
> air2pc card and that the solution is to either get rid of those cards,
> or get an Intel MB.  He said the Intel MB chip sets are really good
> and deal with interrupts much better than the AMD boards.  Not really
> what I wanted to hear with my new hardware.
>
> Before I do that, has anyone built an AMD system with a air2pc 0.2
> card that does not have this problem?  If so, what MB and what Video
> Card?  I need S-Video so that is why I am not using onboard video MBs.
>
> Add to this the problem of getting spdif and analog output at the same
> time, a problem I did not have on my prototype P4 system, and it
> really makes me wish I had bought different hardware.
>
> Allen

My Mythtv server is built around a:
BIOSTAR TForce TF570SLI AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI MCP ATX

CPU: Athlon 64 X2 4000+ Brisbane 2.1GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2
65W Dual-Core Processor
2gigs corsair memory
2 Hauppauge 150's
HDhomerun and a air2pc card...
OS is Fedora9

I have no problems with this set-up..My air2pc takes about 5 seconds to
initialize ...
I got it at Newegg..