[mythtv-users] ticket locking

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Thu Jun 19 19:44:41 UTC 2008

>> Also, you seem to not comprehend just how complex of an issue this is,
>> and how difficult it is to track down.
>
> If I can set it up in a not so complicated way and just let it run and
> see (supposed) leaks.
> Anybody can run it and find similar issues.

You are COMPLETELY missing the point. Not just anybody can find the
similar issues. I can prove that by the fact that many people are
already running myth and, apparently aside from you, NOBODY is
complaining about this issue. The reason you can set it up the way you
do is because you have a unique combination of the hardware you have,
the OS you use, the software you install, the settings you use, etc.

It's kind of like me saying "If I can spell my name with the letters
R, O and N then anyone can". Nope, the reason I can spell my name with
those letters is because it is my name. The reason you can find these
issues with your setup is because you have exactly your setup.

> I can't run valgrind and certainly not at this moment (disk is kaputt)
> but if it is so eay, why is it not routinely used?

Running valgrind on a system that doesn't exhibit this behavior isn't
going to teach you anything about this behavior. It's like trying to
learn how birds achieve flight by studying fish.

--
Ron
Ronald Frazier Photography - http://www.ronfphoto.com/