[mythtv-users] Listings for radio channels on freesat

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Thu Jun 19 20:48:52 UTC 2008

Robin Neatherway wrote:

>> It's not a problem to use multiple grabbers for different channels, as
>> long as you keep the XMLTV IDs associated with the correct grabber.
>> You might want to use the '--update' option with mythfilldatabase to
>> stop new channels being created. My setup currently uses DVB-T EIT for
>> radio channels, and tv_grab_uk_rt for all others.
>
> Even for channels on the same video source? How would mythfilldatabase
> know what to do seeing as the grabber is configured on a per-source
> basis? I suppose I could use -infile.

There is also a per-channel Use-EIT flag. When this is set, data is grabbed via
EIT, but if the channel also exists in your <source>.xmltv file, the xmltv
grabber will also update it (as I understand things).

My radio channels are set up that way (UK Freeview). All have the EIT flag set,
and I edited them out of the <source>.xmltv file which is just left with the TV
channels I am interested in.

--

Mike Perkins