[mythtv-users] Virtual file from multiple files

Gert gertk at xs4all.nl
Thu Jun 19 21:07:43 UTC 2008

Hi,

Currently I am experimenting with a Siemens cable tuner (DVB-C with
smartcard) which is capable of recording to a network share (Samba).
However, it records in an odd way (probably to makes things difficult)
it produces small blocks of mpeg TS files ( 2 minutes each) which when
combined (by simpy cat-ting together for example) form a complete
recording in TS format.

My question is:

Is there a way to 'link' these blocks together into one new virtual file
and add this virtual file to the backend recording database ?
My goal is to control the Siemens from the backend by sending IR
commands (the only way to control it...) and use it as an external DVB-C
tuner.

Gert