[mythtv-users] What version of PCI on my mobo?

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 23:48:20 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 9:24 AM, Lindsay Mathieson
<lindsay.mathieson at optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> DVB cards do not need to encode anything, the digital signal is already
> encoded (mpeg2).
>
> I have a LeadTek 1000T and can vouch for it, in Brisbane, Australia.

That is what I thought, but at $60 it is just so cheap and given I
couldn't see any confirmation in reviews I read and the specifications
sheet on Leadtek's site.

I thought about a dual tuner, but I have three single tuners in my
backend and it is reliable and this HP has three spare PCI slots so I
decided to get the Leadtek because of its cheapness.  I can get three
singles for the price of most duals!

I will just have to figure out this whole PCI thing.

Regards,
Whytey