[mythtv-users] Can't see thumbnails in mythweb for recordings ofCIFS share

Shawn Flynn sflynn1 at rogers.com
Fri Jun 20 16:09:24 UTC 2008

From: Gabe Rubin on June 19, 2008 11:23 PM
> I just added a a new drive that is in my windows box and mounted to my
> BE/FE via CIFS to my default storage group.  I am now able to record and
> watch shows that are recorded there, but when I go to mythweb, there is
> no thumbnail for these programs.  I am guessing it something fairly
trivial,
> but I am not sure what.  When checking permissions for the files, all
users
> have read access for the thumbnails.  Any ideas?

See http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/4453

It's a CIFS problem. I had the same issue with hosting my recordings
directory on a Windows box serving up a CIFS share. I solved it by
installing the 'services for unix' on the windows box and sharing out the
folder using NFS instead of CIFS. Works a charm now.

Shawn Flynn