[mythtv-users] Can't see thumbnails in mythweb for recordings of CIFS share

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 17:25:33 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 12:16 PM, Gabe Rubin <gaberubin at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 10:12 AM, Kevin Kuphal <kkuphal at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I'd suggest just changing the folder that the thumbnails are
> stored/created
> > in.  Nothing like avoidance to solve a problem :)
> >
> > Kevin
>
> Excuse my ignorance, but how exactly would I go about doing that?  I
> thought by default that myth just creates them in the same folder the
> recordings are in and that this was not user configurable.  This seems
> like a much easier solution to me than setting up SFU.

Hmm, maybe I'm thinking of the MythVideo cover location.  I think I
am...sorry.

Obviously you have enough permissions that the backend can record.  Are
preview images being created by the backend/frontend for normal use with
mythfrontend or are you seeing problems with both those thumbnails and the
ones mythweb is trying to make?  My gut reaction is that whatever user
apache is launching mythbackend as to generate the previews either doesn't
have permissions to the files or doesn't see the mount?

Kevin