[mythtv-users] HELP ! Mythtv core dumps after upgrade to 0.21 and Ubuntu 8.04

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Jun 20 23:19:38 UTC 2008

On Friday 20 June 2008 17:10:49 Paolo Asioli wrote:
> Great !
>
> Thank you all !
>
> In effect I built it from the tarball and it worked. Now I'll have a
> look at the debian rules to see where to set the 586 arch....

That's almost certainly your problem. I discovered that at least some VIA CPUs
(like the Samuel) have some 686 features, but not all of them, so it's safest
to compile for 586.

You might also want to optimize for size. I discovered that helped a lot
because of the small cache sizes in VIA CPUs.

beww