[mythtv-users] Frontend connection problem

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 23:58:49 UTC 2008

On 21/06/2008, The GUIGuy <linux at finalfiler.com> wrote:
> I am trying to get a separate front end going. There is no backend
>  installed on the PC for this particular frontend.
>
>  I am confident I have set the remote backend parameters correctly. I can
>  also access the backend from another PC I have configured with a working
>  frontend.
>
>  When I start the mythfrontend from a shell I get
>
>  2008-06-21 09:41:45.919 Using runtime prefix = /usr, libdir = /usr/lib
>  2008-06-21 09:41:46.539 DPMS is active.
>  2008-06-21 09:41:46.638 Empty LocalHostName.
>  2008-06-21 09:41:46.638 Using localhost value of <localpc>
>
>  OK, so it's telling me there is no "LocalHostName" - is "localHostname"
>  the same as host name when configuring a front end?

LocalHostName is configured by a user if  they do not want to use
their machine's hostname to store settings against in the database.
This is used in situations where your 'real' hostname changes
regularly - mythfrontend will continualy lose its settings in this
scenario unless you use the LocalHostName unique identifier.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/