[mythtv-users] Screensaver disabling

Jerry Rubinow jerrymr at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 05:13:59 UTC 2008

I've searched for the answer to this question, but have only found solutions
to similar problems, not any that help with mine.  I'm sure it's something
trivial that I'm overlooking.

After ten minutes, the screen blanks.  Using the remote or the keyboard
wakes it up.  I'm running Ubuntu Hardy Heron w/ gnome desktop, Myth
0.21-fixes.  I've disabled both the screensaver and power management
preferences through the desktop for the account that runs mythfrontend.  I
have the system set to autologin that account.  The .dmrc runs a session
which runs a script that has a /usr/bin/xset -dpms in it.  But still with
the blanking after ten minutes.

Thanks for any pointers,
Jerry