[mythtv-users] OT: Xbox Frontend -- Audio

Jason Gauthier jgauthier at lastar.com
Sat Jun 21 13:19:06 UTC 2008

Hello All,

   I'm pretty new to Myth, but have done some good testing/experimenation.  I'm currently running a backend/frontend on an older laptop.   I've set up a vmware session as a frontend to get the experience, and that went well.  (Of course, actually watching TV is out of the question, but this is just an exercize)

I got my hands on a modded xbox from a friend.  After some work (mod chip not installed correctly, and capicitors on the MB accidentally removed) I was able to get it to boot, and Xebian on it. I compiled myth from sources, because I like to experience pain! :)

I'm very happy with the responsiveness and the functionality.  I'm currently stuck at getting sound to work.. within Myth.

I've followed these articles/documents:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Xbox_Sound
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/143373?search_string=xbox%20no%20audio;#143373 <http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/143373?search_string=xbox%20no%20audio;#143373>

While they seem to indicate the same solution, I just can't see to get it right.
Of course, mplayer, xine, aplay all produce sound.

Looking for some additional pointers, or if someone can help me more directly pinpoint how to configure Myth to work in this configuration.

Thanks!

Jason