[mythtv-users] Low-Profile Video Card Source ???

Raphael rpooser at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 19:41:43 UTC 2008

Chris Ribe wrote:
> Every Nvidia [5-7][2-3]00 I have ever seen has been low profile ready
> (granted, these total about 5 cards).  The VGA at the "top" of the
> bracket is always connected to the card by a ribbon, while the DVI and
> TV connectors are soldered to the board.
>
> (yes, I am top posting.  I have been expanding my email horizons lately,
> and have discovered that the rest of the civilized world finds bottom
> posting strange and confusing)

When I first came to the list, I got scolded for top-posting - because I
didn't know the etiquette. You've done even worse by saying you know
what the standard practice is, and decided to change it right in the
middle of a thread....

But I do agree, most of the NV5200-7200 cards are low profile. I have a
Chaintech FX5200 that is low profile, but only has VGA out. It isn't
much of a problem for me though considering how much easier it is for me
to get a modeline working over VGA than HDMI.