[mythtv-users] Problem: LiveTV ok, recordings are crappy

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 21:03:31 UTC 2008

On 21/06/2008, Paolo Asioli <paolo.asioli at libero.it> wrote:

>  I've tried yesterday evening to first watch some LiveTV (perfect) and then to record on the same channel. The recording was "damaged" and I didn't see any higher load on the machine during the recording. On the contrary, the machine was under higher CPU load during LiveTV since the frontend was playing back at the same time...
>
>  Do you know if any difference exists between recording for LiveTV ad recording for later view ?

Paolo,

What type(s) of capture card are you using? How many capture cards do
you have in the machine? If you are using a DVB card, there is no
difference between the recordings made in LiveTV and those made for
scheduled recordings, as the recorded stream is already encoded into
MPEG-2 when broadcast. For PVR-150/250/350/500 cards, and for bttv
framegrabbers, you can choose the levels of compression/bitrate used
in mythtv-setup for each recording profile.

Do you see any errors in your mythbackend and mythfrontend logfiles
(or console output) when playing back a damaged recording?

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/