[mythtv-users] Cannot lock to some radio channels on freesat

Nick F nikos.f at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 09:58:07 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 9:44 PM, Robin Neatherway <robthebob at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Another freesat question. I have managed to get the 5 Live radio
> station set up and working quite easily with Myth, but the standard
> BBC Radio 1..4 and upwards, all on a different multiplex, won't lock
> in Myth. This occurs both in the channel scan and, if I insert the
> channel into the database manually, in Live TV. I can however lock
> using szap as with 5 Live. Does anyone know what the problem might be,
> or if you have it working could I please see a dump of the radio
> stations channel entry and the multiplex it comes from?

Robin - I don't use 'freesat' per se - but rather been capturing TV and
radio from DVB-S from Astra 28.2E ala Sky for a while now.

My BBC Radio 1-4, Virgin 105.8, etc all work perfectly with Myth from
DVB-S.  I notice that it takes a fraction longer to lock than with the TV
signals - (maybe 3 seconds instead of 1.5-2), but they work great.  I just
did a channel scan from Myth using the frequencies, etc that I got from
Lyngsat.