[mythtv-users] Playback errors with DVB-T Radio programs

Mike Holden mythtv at mikeholden.org
Sun Jun 22 12:34:12 UTC 2008

Mike Holden wrote:
> Googling shows a known problem (in the Myth wiki) for nvidia and glx, but
> seems to be only on live tv. LiveTv is fine for me, as is changing
> channels, and playback of any other recording, but happens 100% of the
> time when playing a radio recording. Various other threads thrown up my
> Google also don't seem to apply here.

Ok, replying to my own email again :-)

Turns out, it __was__ the glx error mentioned in the wiki, just totally
different symptoms.

So a couple of questions then.

1. Why do I get video buffer errors for a recording that has no video,
only audio?
2. Am I going to lose any functionality or performance in xorg due to
removing glx option?