[mythtv-users] two video sources, was Re: EPG for Digitenne radio stations?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Jun 22 18:00:43 UTC 2008

On 06/22/2008 10:54 AM, Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
> Just now (while rebuilding the system) I saw a complaint in the logs
> about the videosource not being connected to a card. This could be the
> reason for not seeing EPG/EIT.
>
> So I have:
>
> 1 DVB-T card with currently 7 virtual tuners.
> Attached to the card is a tvgids.nl videosource using tv_grab_nl as grabber.
>
> Then there is the videosource which I called digitenne (yes, the EPG
> comes in via the air).
> As it looks I cannot attch that videosource to the same card. Real nor
> virtual.
>
> The cardinput table has a column with sourceid, but if I change taht one
> MythTV will complain some more.
>
> So can it be done?
> 2 videosources on one physical card and with virtual tuners?
>
> How is it supposed to be done?
> Channels also link to the videosource.
> So why the double reference?
>
> Or what am I missing?

If you have 2 "sources" of video that are both on the same input, they
/must/ be combined into a single source before you give the data to
MythTV.  XMLTV provides a tool to do this.

To fix the problem (so you can set it up right):
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034

Mike