[mythtv-users] Problems with mythweather

Joe Ripley vitaminjoe at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 03:20:29 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 12:46 PM, Jeremy Young <jeremyrainman at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Well, that did something, it reset everything. Now when I go to the
> mythweather screen-setup screen, I am essentially back where I started when
> I first installed mythweather after the upgrade to 0.21. The screen setup
> screen lists no inactive screens, and no active screens, and the box on the
> right side of the screen has nothing in it.

Interesting... MythWeather should re-create all of the tables for you
and re-create the WeatherDBSchemaVer value in the 'settings' table.

Make sure that all your grabber scripts are working properly.  You can
test them by running them manually as the user mythfrontend usually
runs under.  If you get no errors, proceed to reset the DB tables
again.

Just as a re-cap, to completely reset the MythWeather table structure,
do this (assuming default DB user/password):

$ mysql -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg
mysql> delete from settings where value='WeatherDBSchemaVer';
mysql> drop table weatherdatalayout;
mysql> drop table weatherscreens;
mysql> drop table weathersourcesettings;

After this, restart the mythfrontend process and open the Weather
settings page.  The plugin will rebuild the DB tables and you should
be able to add screens.  For information on how to search for
locations, refer to the wiki page
(http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/MythWeather#Sources)

--
Joe Ripley